C&C Catering’s, Cristelle and Candice, joined Manolis Munchies in the kitchen to create these incredible (& mostly healthy) cupcakes. These are perfect as an on-the-go snack or a delicious lunchbox addition.
BASE MUFFIN MIX
- 2 Cups Cake Flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 and line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and both sugars, until light and fluffy (or use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment).
- Mix in oil and vanilla.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and salt, alternating with the yogurt (or use the paddle attachment on your stand mixer).
- Mix in your added ingredients like nuts, Raisins, choc chips, coffee, coconut, dates, cranberries, etc (all available at Manolis Munchies)
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins until 2/3 full. Bake for 18 – 22 mins or until a skewer inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 – 15