C&C Catering’s, Cristelle and Candice, joined Manoli and Manolis Munchies in the kitchen to create this hearty butternut and split pea soup. This soup is ideal for cold days or when you feel like something spicy and not too heavy.
KASHMIRI CHILLI BUTTERNUT & SPLIT PEA SOUP RECIPE:
- 1 Large Butternut, Peeled & Chopped
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Cup Yellow Split Peas
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- Handful of Flaked Almonds
- In a large pot, over medium heat, pour oil into the pan and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add diced butternut and all spices. Stir and cook for 5 min.
- Add split peas, vegetable stock and water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 – 40 min, or until butternut and split peas are tender.
- Add honey, coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Blend in batches until smooth.
- Serve topped with flaked almonds.